Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Have a Twitterful Christmas

I received an irritating email this morning from a company who wanted to demonstrate how good they were at getting to the top of the google rankings. They took a pretty meaningless phrase "Have a Twitterful Christmas" and said to google it.

Surprise surprise they were number 1 on google. But is it really that difficult? I could take another meaningless phrase and get it to the top of google too. Surely the challenge is getting to the top of the google rankings with meaningful phrases?

4 comments:

  1. excellent idea "have a twitterful christmas" as someone else's number one. I wanted to do it myself but as I was beaten to it, I will just support it :) (the campaign actually came in straight into junk mail, terrible start for digital experts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting example of a digital campaign that appears to be now gaining some traction!
    I also got the email from www.DigitalMarketingInstitute.ie that started this discussion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surpise Surprise indeed!

    Can anyone tell me why this got to #1 so quickly?

    Does the www.DigitalMarketingInstitute.ie know something special that the rest of us dont?

    ReplyDelete